CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Seoul Grand Park/Zoo

We topped of Aiden's birthday weekend today with a trip to Seoul Grand Park/Zoo. This was a very fun and interesting trip as we did things for the first time today. It started off by getting on the subway. I have never been on a subway and since I get a little nervous being closed in small places, I was not sure how it would be. Lucky for us, we met a very nice young Korean guy that spoke great English and was able to help us find the right subway. It was about a 15 min. ride and then we were dropped off right at the park/zoo. I did not enjoy it very much and was somewhat scared knowing I had to get back on it to go home. I think the thing that bothered me the most was that it went over the Han River and you could feel the wind blowing it. The rest of the time it was underground. The boys enjoyed it though and I did do much better on the way back. Once at the park/zoo, it was very easy to navigate our way around. It only cost $18 for all of us and that encluded a train ride which we did and also a tram ride which we did not do since the kids could not ride on it. The worst part of the whole trip was walking up the sidewalk to get to the entrance of the zoo. There were the street vendors there selling their "special" foods. Ok, this has to be the most gross thing I have ever seen. I mean, come on, do they really eat cooked wax worms???? I can not get over it and the smell is enough to kill you. It was kind of funny because as we started walking through and the smell really started to make you ill, Aiden hollers out real loud "O' mommy, what stinks??? Something stinks really bad"!!!! It was SO funny!!! Anyways, as I sit here and type this I can still smell the cooked worms and I still feel somewhat ill!!!!
The zoo was really nice. We only got to see about half of it as it is huge. It is cheap enough so we plan to go back several times while we are here which is a good thing because my camera died right when we got there. I did not think to charge the battery and we used it so much last night for Aiden's party it need charged. So, I promise we will have more pictures next time :)
All in all, it was a nice trip and got us into Seoul. It was funny because people would literally stop and stare at the boys. Some would even come up and touch them. Two of the ladies walked up and very gently touched their hair. They look at me and smile and you can tell they love them. On the subway, everyone waves at them and touches their arms. They just kind of look at the people touching them like "what r u doing" :) Maybe one of these days they will get used to it. In the meantime, it is funny to watch everyone stop to watch the boys go by. Also, most Koreans are very friendly which makes it a little better. When we sat down to eat, two little korean kids came over and shared their snack with the boys. Not sure what it was but it looked like twinkies and but said it was filled with cream cheese. The boys liked it and the korean kids seemed happy to share it with them.

0 comments: